Beta Build 7 has been released for the MCPE 0.14.0!
Unfortunately, this means that the public release of Update 0.14.0 will probably be delayed. 😦
It turns out that there were a few more bugs that the developers wanted to fix before sending the update to the applestore.
Take a look at the rather tiny change-log below:
- Maps are back to being created with 1:1 zooming, so Item Frame Maps aren’t entirely useless.
- Added the Redstone Specialists skin pack, but it can’t be bought yet.
- Fixed a crash with Villagers without a profession.
- Fixed a crash with a nasty interaction between going in the Nether and Item Frame Maps
- Fixed a crash when the second part of a double chest is destroyed while the chest is open
- Also fixed a duplication issue in the same situation
- Chest Minecarts can open again!
- Boats spawn actually in front of you in multiplayer
- Items in a Chest Minecart aren’t duplicated or lost anymore
As Tommaso’s tweet above says, Beta Build 7 should be the last beta build for Update 0.14.0. Of course, it’s possible a beta build 8 will come, but this is probably the last beta build.
Here are the requirements for joining the Update 0.14.0 Beta Testing:
– A Google Plus account.
–Minecraft: Pocket Edition purchased from the Google Play Store.
– An Android device that can run Pocket Edition.
If you have these and you want to beta test 0.14.0 to find new bugs (Or just play the new update sooner) just join the beta and then you can play.
If you don’t have an Android device though, you will have to wait for the full release of Update 0.14.0 to the public before you can play, because iOS devices can’t beta test yet.
Update 0.14.0 should be released sometime between late February and Early March.
Hang in there all you Apple users!!!
We’ll keep you updated on the latest MCPE 0.14.0 news,
Happy Minecrafting Everyone!