Extremely exciting news everyone!
Check out what the developers posted on their small blog:
“Did you know that Build 4 means that we are one build closer to the release of the final build? It’s hard to believe but it’s true!
It’s also between Build 3 and Build 5, and double Build 2. Does it mean it has half the bugs? Go ahead and test it, and see if I just made this up right now”
That’s right, Beta Build 4 for Update 0.14.0 has been officially released! And, the developers have just confirmed that Beta Build 5 will be the last beta build!
That means that the public release of Update 0.14.0 will be sometime soon!
Here’s the change-log for Beta Build 4:
- Double Ferns now spawn in cold climates all over the world!
- Redwood Forests’ moss stone boulders are rounder
- Boats now appear exactly where the player has clicked/tapped
- Creeper explosions are now much stronger and consistent in power
- Naturally spawned Villagers will now have more variety of professions
- Updated translations to change them words!
- Cannot harm Zombies with a potion of Harming anymore
- Crash fixed when rejoining a game after the game was suspended
- Crash fixed when placing an Item Frame above a Chest
- Crash fixed when the player destroys a torch that is part of a broken pulsar circuit
- Android’s system bar doesn’t appear anymore when ingame!
- Fixed various Cauldron synchronization issues
- Fixed hang up because of infinite loops
- Boats don’t collide with you anymore when you stop riding them
- Fixed Hopper lighting
- Mobs now walk normally when put on slabs
- Items placed in an Item Frame shouldn’t retain the rotation of the last item contained in it
- Hopper Loop clocks now produce the correct ON/OFF signal
- Red Sandstone now uses the correct sounds
- Fixed contents of Minecarts being black
- Clients now consume an instance of the item when placing it in an Item Frame
- Cobblestone Wall texture is now actually all fixed 100% pinky swear
- Removed extra black pixels from items
- [Redacted] from [Redacted] will not crash the game anymore if [Redacted]
- Fixed Creepers not exploding if the player is below them
- Can now feed baby Ocelots
- Redstone-powered doors now remain powered after reloading
- Fix to the Language Screen
- When destroying a two-parts block, particles will be visible for both parts on clients too
- Fixed Double Trapped Chests circuitry
- Item Frame Maps don’t flicker anymore when watched from a distance
- Redstone wire has less overdraw now
Here are the requirements for joining the Update 0.14.0 Beta Community:
– A Google Plus account.
–Minecraft: Pocket Edition purchased from the Google Play Store.
– An Android device that can run Pocket Edition.
If you have these and you want to beta test 0.14.0 (Or just play the new update sooner) Opt into the beta and then you can play.
If you don’t have an Android device though, you will have to wait for the full release of Update 0.14.0 to the public before you can play, because iOS devices can’t beta test.
Luckily, that shouldn’t take too long. Beta Build 5 will most likely be released in 4 – 5 days max, and the Update will be submitted to the Apple Store probably 5 – 7 days after that.
Apple will take 1 – 2 weeks to review the app, and then it will publish it and make it public, allowing all iOS users to play Update 0.14.0.
So Update 0.14.0 should be released mid to late February, or early March.
Are you excited?!?
We’ll keep you updated on the latest MCPE news,
Happy Minecrafting Everyone!