Awesome news everyone! The beta testing for Update 0.14.0 has been released.
Android users can now opt into the beta testing program to check for bugs, and try the features.
Before we talk about the new features that were added in Update 0.14.0, and the requirements for beta testing, we’d like to apologize for being inactive for so long.
Our last post was around 28 days ago, that’s a long time.
There’s been so much homework for the team we haven’t had time to make posts. Even now the homework is still piling up, but we are going to try to be more active.
Maybe not as active as we were last year, but we will make an effort to inform you about new updates and features.
Now that that’s out of the way, it’s time to talk about the new features coming in Update 0.14.0. Check it out below:
Here’s the full list of new features and bug fixes in Update 0.14.0:
- Item frames (full of bugs! keep on testing!)
- Slime blocks
- Creative inventory
- Repeaters and Comparators
- Red Sandstone
- Pumpkin hats and Mob Head hats
- Double trapped chests!
- UI scale slider.
- Cleaned up textures a whole lot.
- Replaced Pocket Edition start screen with new UI.
- Baby zombies now have a 15% chance to want to be a jockey. If they want to be a jockey, then upon getting near a player they will look for one of the following to ride before attacking the player (Adult Wolf, Adult Ocelot, Cow, Pig, Sheep, Adult Chicken, Spider or Adult Zombie).
- Regular screenshots are now full .png files.
- Made Ghast eyes, Blazes and Magma Cubes Cores bright!
- Fix iOS and Android build issue.
- Fixed door textures (at last).
- Improved slime spawning.
Some Bug Fixes:
- It rains in caves.
- Trapped Chest does not provide power to Redstone Repeater.
- All clay types are displayed as grey blocks on the Map.
- Villagers and peaceful mobs despawning.
- Double Fence Gate’s don’t block user.
- Wolves do not have colored collars.
- Sneak mode turns off after the Player enters the Pause Menu.
- Ghast shoot texture not showing.
- Huge mushrooms don’t generate anywhere.
- Mobs drop nothing unless recently hurt by player.
- Player is unable to open Minecart with Chest and Minecart with Hopper.
- Player can’t close the chest window.
- Crash when a server kicks a player for inactivity.
- Mechanisms are being powered by Redstone dust that is not aligned with them.
- Building massive world structures can lead to serious performance issues.
- Crash when a farmer villager runs out of seed to plant.
- Controller’s D-pad is inactive in Brewing Stand interface.
- Backgrounds & Buttons in Asian languages are too short for longer phrases.
- TNT Minecart explosion on the curve does not destroy rail tracks under explosion.
- Fixed most issues with chunks being sent multiple times.
- Fixed server not running in the correct speed.
- Amount of hits required to kill witch doesn’t vary with weapon.
- Fixed out of bounds error in Inventory related to linked slots.
- Player keeps all but armor in their inventory upon death.
- Iron Golems take damage while walking on Soulsand.
- Skeleton heads don’t look hollow from the bottom.
- Fence gates weren’t restoring their open state correctly either. Same pattern was needed as DoorBlock and TrapDoorBlock.
- Characters arms are in weird positions on Kindle and some iPads.
- Character drinks milk instantly after milking the cow.
- The player is not able to open the chest when character stands close to it.
- Items from bottom half of the double chest disappear when the world is restarted.
- Missing Feed button when holding any kind of meat in front of Untamed Wolf.
- Missing Feed button while holding Beetroot and Potato in front of Pig. Also added Beetroot to Creative Inventory.
- No sound of swimming underwater.
- Player keeps moving after Player opens inventory screen with controller.
- sweet dreams are made of this ->
- Slots on Anvil not lined up.
- Minecarts do not stack.
- The terrain flickers invisible if too many chunks are updated at the same time.
- Mushroom stew should not be poisonous.
- The darkening underwater effect fails to occur if the User rides boat into a waterfall.
- Two-block high flowers do not drop the corresponding items after Bone Meal is used on them.
- Flickering fence texture when it’s put underwater.
- Clay generates instead of gravel.
- It is possible to stack beetroot soup.
- Can not use colors in chat.
- Mobs stay aggressive after switching back to creative.
- Enderman glitches.
- The Invert Y-Axis option lacks functionality when using touch controls.
Uh oh, something is going wrong.
Not again. 😦
There are some requirements to join the beta for Update 0.14.0. You will need:
– A Google Plus account.
–Minecraft: Pocket Edition purchased from the Google Play Store.
– An Android device that can run Pocket Edition.
If you have all the requirements and you want to join the beta testing for Update 0.14.0, you can do so here.
If you don’t have an Android device though, you will have to wait for the full release of Update 0.14.0 to the public before you can play, because iOS devices can’t beta test.
After the beta testing for Update 0.14.0 is over, then Update 0.14.0 will be released for the public, and iOS users will be able to play it as well.
There is no confirmed date for when the Update will be released for the public, but it might be released in 1-2 months. Remember, this is only an estimate.
Are you excited to play Update 0.1.40?
Happy Minecrafting Everyone!