The team has some exciting news today. The MCPE developers have released Beta Build 1 for Update 0.13.0 today!
That means that Android users who want to test update 0.13.0 and report on bugs before it’s released to the public can play it.
Or you can play it if you want REDSTONE!!!!!!!!!
However, there are requirements If you want to join the beta builds. You will need:
– A Google Plus account.
–Minecraft: Pocket Edition purchased from the Google Play Store.
– An Android device that can run Pocket Edition.
If you have these and you want to beta test 0.13.0 (Or just play the new update sooner) just join the beta and then you can play.
There is no official beta testing group for Update 0.13.0 in Google +, so don’t join any right now, because they will be fake. We’ll post a link to the official beta testing group once it is created.
If you don’t have an Android device though, you will have to wait for the full release of Update 0.13.0 to the public before you can play, because iOS devices can’t beta test.
Here’s the Changelog for Beta Build 1 of Update 0.13.0.
- Redstone Circuits: Redstone Wire, Torch, Lamp, Levers, Buttons, Pressure plates, Tripwires, Trapped Chests, Detector Rails
- Cute fluffy crop-eating bunnies!
- New wooden doors
* Iron Doors
- Stonecutter RIP
- Redstone can be used to control doors, trapdoors, TNT and rails!
- Faster boats with a different handling
- Increased item tooltip visibility time (Windows 10 Edition)
- Stack count labels now use a bigger and more readable font
- Slimes and Ghasts now actually spawn!
- Hunger restored by food items now match PC
- Flowers created by using Bone Meal on Grass now depend on the biome
- Skeletons now run away from Wolves
* Arrows can cause sand, gravel or snow to collapseS
Some Bug Fixes
- Mobs don’t suffocate in carpets anymore
- Fixed at least as many bugs as we introduced!
Unfortunately, there are no pistons, repeaters, and a few other redstone-related items.
And that’s all. There are plenty of bugs in Update 0.13.0 Beta Build 1, as you can see:
Fixing the real important bugs, in progress pic.twitter.com/iMf6YjyKQb
— Tommaso Checchi (@_tomcc) November 3, 2015
It looks like Nether mobs are spawning in the overworld in that picture… or Tommaso is just messing with us, and used spawn eggs.
If you have an iOS device, you can’t beta test. Sorry :(, you’ll have to wait until the official release for Update 0.13.0 comes out.
We’ll keep you updated on the latest MCPE Update 0.13.0 news,
Happy Minecrafting Everyone!