Team ALLABOUTMCPE has some exciting news today:
The MCPE Developers have released Build 12 of Update 0.12.1.
Here’s the changelog of Update 0.12.1 Beta Build 12:
- Fishing rod now makes a less repetitive sound
- Digging and walking sounds are now same as on PC
- Slimes now use the correct sounds
- Silverfish no longer make sound while moving
- Skeletons and wither skeletons now have a proper death sound
- Lava in the Nether now flows like on PC
- Nerfed dat beetroot soup
- Breaking animation of chest is now visible from all sides
- Critical hits now with more particles
- More good vibrations when destroying 2 high plants
- Fixed chest staying open after use.
- Fixed skeletons holding bows incorrectly
- Fixed breaking a brewing stand drops the wrong item
- Enchanted items now get properly synched between clients and server
- Fixed crash on opening the stonecutter
- Fixed fishing sometimes giving you stacks of infinite Inc-sacs
- Fixed fishing bobber not going down far enough when a fish bites
- Beet roots no longer use stone sound when mined
- Fixed mining 2 high plants not working correct in multi-player
- Zombie pigmen now attack iron golems
- Endermen now teleport away when about to be hit by arrow
- Jungle leaves no longer magically disappear
- Zombie spawn eggs now sometimes spawn zombie villagers
- Fixed wolves attacking cats when player punches them
- Snow covered ice now has expected behaviour (what ever that might have been)
- Player can no longer push golems through walls
- Trapdoors no longer suffocate players
- Trapdoors can now be placed on bottom and top side of a block
- Creepers now flash white and explode when ignited with flint and steel
- Fixed dynamite having a small explosion range when on top of a fence
- Trees now drop apples from decaying leaves
- Torches can now be placed on nether brick fences
- Player now holds the bow correctly in 3rd person
- Player now holds sugarcane correctly in 3rd person
Look at all these bug fixes in Build 12.
Players can’t push Iron Golems into walls anymore.
Take a look at Tommaso Checchi’s tweet.
So this might be the last Beta Build.
If it is the last beta build, then the developers will submit the update to the app store, and when the app store approves, then the update will be released on all platforms.
NOTE: In case you don’t know, beta testing means that Android users who wish to test update 0.12.1 and report on bugs before it’s released to the public can play MCPE 0.12.1 and do that.
If you want to join the beta builds – great!
There are, however, requirements. You will need:
– A Google Plus account.
–Minecraft: Pocket Edition purchased from the Google Play Store.
– An Android device that can run Pocket Edition.
If you have these and you want to beta test 0.12.1 (Or just play the new update sooner) just join the beta group and follow the instructions there to get the beta.
If you don’t have an Android device though, you will have to wait for the full release of Update 0.12.1 to the public before you can play, because iOS devices can’t beta test yet, sorry. 😦
Team ALLABOUTMCPE can’t wait for the the beta builds to end and the public release of Update 0.12.1.
Can you wait for the public release?
Happy Minecrafting! 🙂