Team ALLABOUTMCPE has some exciting news today:
The MCPE Developers have released Build 10 of Update 0.12.1.
Here’s the changelog of Update 0.12.1 Beta Build 10:
- Villagers always become Zombie Villagers in Hard difficulty
- Endermen avoid water
- Only use the leaves coloring shaders when the color for a biome actually changes (perf increase)
- Only sample the lightmap texture for non-transparent pixels (perf increase)
- Updated sounds!
- Items drop again!
- When dying in the Nether, you respawn in the Overworld
- Potentially fixed a lot of crashes when closing/reopening the app
- Fixed a crash in multiplayer when loading chunks
- Fixed a crash with Villagers in the Nether
- Fixed a black screen crash when opening the game on bad internet connections
- Snow doesn’t accumulate under Stairs
- Fixed a crash in the Crafting menu
- Mobs don’t jump and turn anymore on Soul Sand
- Also fixed on top of Chests
- Fixed Endermen shaking when damaged
- Villages shouldn’t spawn anymore without villagers
- NPCs actually notice when crops are ready
- Hoes now actually lose durability when used
- Vines can now be placed on leaves
- Skulls now look different in multiplayer
- Dark Wood and Acacia don’t let you climb anymore
- Fixed a crash when touching the Enchant button
- Zombie pigmen now die correctly in TNT explosions
- The Enderman teleport sound now can be heard on clients
- Proper handling of input in the Port Number field
- Can now type Unicode characters on a sign
- World name input doesn’t break anymore when using left to go back
- Cactuses now have the correct particles when broken
- Fixed renaming not working in the Anvil
- Particles don’t flicker black anymore
Look at all these bug fixes in Build 10 of Update 0.12.1.
You now respawn in the Overworld if you die in the Nether,
Update 0.11.0 had about 14 Beta Builds, and we are on the 10th beta build right now. So we are closer to the public release of Update 0.12.1, and who knows, maybe we will have less beta builds than Update 0.11.0 did!
NOTE: In case you don’t know, beta testing means that Android users who wish to test update 0.12.1 and report on bugs before it’s released to the public can play MCPE 0.12.1 and do that.
If you want to join the beta builds – great!
There are, however, requirements. You will need:
– A Google Plus account.
–Minecraft: Pocket Edition purchased from the Google Play Store.
– An Android device that can run Pocket Edition.
If you have these and you want to beta test 0.12.1 (Or just play the new update sooner) just join the beta group and follow the instructions there to get the beta.
If you don’t have an Android device though, you will have to wait for the full release of Update 0.12.1 to the public before you can play, because iOS devices can’t beta test yet, sorry. 😦
Team ALLABOUTMCPE can’t wait for the the beta builds to end and the public release of Update 0.12.1.
Can you wait for the public release?
Happy Minecrafting! 🙂