Team ALLABOUTMCPE has some exciting news today:
The MCPE Developers have released Build 9 of Update 0.12.1.
Here’s the changelog of Update 0.12.1 Beta Build 9:
- Particles are now no longer dark when inside of a block
- Derp now saves his head
- Snow Golems now leave their snow in plains
- Cactus particles are now correct
- Centered the result name in the furnace
- Random seed of worlds now more random
- D-pad size is now called “Button size”
- Punch enchantment no longer launches monsters
- Wither skeletons no longer fit through doors 🙂
- Villages now spawn with wheat + something else
- Custom server IPs require to be unique
- Rain visible from under water
- Rain and Snow should cause less lag
- Fixed crash when DNS resolving freezes
- Fixed crash when random chunk corruption
- Fixed crash on pressing back button during startup
- Fixed crash when clicking the enchant button 🙂
- Fixed client freezing when joining multiplayer server
- Fixed Villager crashing in the Nether
- Fixed player teleporting inside portal on death
- Fixed crash on opening the Options screen with controller
- Fixed enchanting not working in multiplayer
- Fixed memory leak in Villages
- Tamed Wolf can now eat rotten flesh
- Gamepad remapping no longer requires restart
- Quartz blocks can no longer be rotated (but pillars still can!)
- Keyboard support for navigating worlds
- Fixed support for local characters with keyboards
- Player can no longer move items around when dead
- Zombie Villagers now chase Villagers
- Fixed E key closing the anvil screen
- World name input now allows for arrow navigation
- Controller button labels are now localized
- “Button size” option now controls other UI elements as well
- Fixed pink line underneath armor icon
- Fixed enderman teleportation sound
- Arrows no longer get shot when looking at a chest
- Fixed black square next to player name in menu
- Back button takes you back on external servers menu
- Chests now support custom names
As you may have noticed, there are a lot of Bug Fixes and Tweaks for Build 9 of Update 0.12.1.
You can now name your chest something.
The developers probably don’t have many more bugs to be fixed now, which means that we are closer to the public release of Update 0.12.1!
NOTE: In case you don’t know, beta testing means that Android users who wish to test update 0.12.1 and report on bugs before it’s released to the public can play MCPE 0.12.1 and do that.
If you want to join the beta builds – great!
There are, however, requirements. You will need:
– A Google Plus account.
–Minecraft: Pocket Edition purchased from the Google Play Store.
– An Android device that can run Pocket Edition.
If you have these and you want to beta test 0.12.1 (Or just play the new update sooner) just join the beta group and follow the instructions there to get the beta.
If you don’t have an Android device though, you will have to wait for the full release of Update 0.12.1 to the public before you can play, because iOS devices can’t beta test yet, sorry. 😦
Team ALLABOUTMCPE can’t wait for the the beta builds to end and the public release of Update 0.12.1.
Can you wait for the public release?
Happy Minecrafting! 🙂