Team ALLABOUTMCPE has some exciting news today:
The MCPE Developers have released Build 8 of Update 0.12.1.
Here’s the changelog of Update 0.12.1 Beta Build 8:
- Explosion are more explodey!
- Lots of fixes and tweaks in the control layout screen
- Nametags are visible from farther away now
- Hitting your head on the ceiling gives a slight jump delay
- Ghasts hitboxes are bigger
- Experience orbs are burned by lava or fire
- Beetroots are found in Villages rather than by tilling grass
- The input is smoother and more responsive, especially scrolling panes
- Touching the d-pad or the toolbar doesn’t select the blocks under the button anymore!
- Enchanting tables work better in multiplayer!
- The sneaking button now works properly
- Bottles don’t disappear anymore when pulled out of a Brewing Stand
- Controllers are properly recognized if they are already connected on game start
- Mobs don’t jump on Soul Sand anymore
- Skins now refresh when returning to the Skin Selection screen
- Fixed some Taiwanese and Japanese characters being shared with Chinese
- Invert Y-axis now actually works on Controller
- Fixed a random multiplayer crash
- Can now jump while holding the Forward button
- Can now select the player list in the game menu using the D-pad
- Sittings dogs won’t be suffocated under accumulating snow (yay!)
- The Experience bar doesn’t overflow the toolbar anymore
- Fixed wrong double chest name
- All enchantments show their level now
- Android clients don’t receive trial warnings anymore
- Lava now prevents fall damage
As you may have noticed, there are a lot of Bug Fixes for Build 8 of Update 0.12.1.
The developers probably don’t have many more bugs to be fixed now, which means that we are closer to the public release of Update 0.12.1!
NOTE: In case you don’t know, beta testing means that Android users who wish to test update 0.12.1 and report on bugs before it’s released to the public can play MCPE 0.12.1 and do that.
If you want to join the beta builds – great!
There are, however, requirements. You will need:
– A Google Plus account.
–Minecraft: Pocket Edition purchased from the Google Play Store.
– An Android device that can run Pocket Edition.
If you have these and you want to beta test 0.12.1 (Or just play the new update sooner) just join the beta group and follow the instructions there to get the beta.
If you don’t have an Android device though, you will have to wait for the full release of Update 0.12.1 to the public before you can play, because iOS devices can’t beta test yet, sorry. 😦
Team ALLABOUTMCPE can’t wait for the the beta builds to end and the public release of Update 0.12.1.
Can you wait for the public release?
Happy Minecrafting! 🙂