Team ALLABOUTMCPE has some exciting news today:
The MCPE Developers have released Build 6 of Update 0.12.1.
Here’s the changelog of Update 0.12.1 Beta Build 6:
- Reordered stone shovel and stone hoe to match other items in the creative list
- Changed particles when placing water in the Nether
- Lava is now brighter
- Ghasts will hit you more reliably
- Added camera mode slider on options (First-person, Third-person, Front third-person)
- Creative players won’t be killed by void anymore
- Fixed base ores (iron, gold) dropping multiple times when using fortune pickaxes
- Fixed lava flowing slowly in the Nether
- Breaking chests will drop enchanted items correctly.
- Fixed crafting single-dimension items (swords, shovel) in multiplayer.
- Boat types now have different colors when held in hand
- Fixed mobs becoming dark when moving over soul sand
- Fixed wool particles when jumping
- Anvil renaming can now be used on Android devices
- Anvil works correctly in multiplayer
- Fixed not being able to exit the options screen after setting a skin
The Button that switches from First Person to Third Person has now become a slider, and now there is a new view where you can see your own face.
There are many more bug fixes in this Beta Build, but that isn’t a bad thing, because it might mean that there aren’t that many more bugs that need to be fixed.
We don’t know how many more Beta Builds there will be for Update 0.12.1, Update 0.9.0 had over 10 Beta Builds but we might not have that many beta builds for Update 0.12.1.
Tomasso Chechi did confirm that there would be a build 7 in his tweet though.
Team ALLABOUTMCPE can’t wait for the the beta builds to end and the public release of Update 0.12.1.
NOTE: In case you don’t know, beta testing means that Android users who wish to test update 0.12.1 and report on bugs before it’s released to the public can play MCPE 0.12.1 and do that.
If you want to join the beta builds – great!
There are, however, requirements. You will need:
– A Google Plus account.
–Minecraft: Pocket Edition purchased from the Google Play Store.
– An Android device that can run Pocket Edition.
If you have these and you want to beta test 0.12.1 (Or just play the new update sooner) just join the beta group and follow the instructions there to get the beta.
If you don’t have an Android device though, you will have to wait for the full release of Update 0.12.1 to the public before you can play, because iOS devices can’t beta test yet, sorry. 😦