Team ALLABOUTMCPE has some exciting news today, the MCPE Developers have created the beta builds for 0.12.1 for the public.
That means that Android users who wish to test update 0.12.1 and report on bugs before it’s released to the public can play MCPE 0.12.1 and do that.
However, there are requirements If you want to join the beta builds. You will need:
– A Google Plus account.
–Minecraft: Pocket Edition purchased from the Google Play Store.
– An Android device that can run Pocket Edition.
If you have these and you want to beta test 0.12.1 (Or just play the new update sooner) just join the beta group and follow the instructions there to get the beta.
If you don’t have an Android device though, you will have to wait for the full release of Update 0.12.1 to the public before you can play, because iOS devices can’t beta test.
Here’s the Changelog for beta 1 of Update 0.12.1.
* The Nether!
* Nether portals
* Nether fortresses
* and so on,
* But no Wither
* Collectable experience
* Revamped touch controls
* Potions, brewing and the Brewing Stand!
* Enchants, enchanting and the Enchanting Table!
* Anvils and repairing.
* Rain and Snow!
* Flower pots!
* Snow accumulates in snowy biomes!
* Controller support and the controller mapping screen!
* Cross play with the Windows 10 edition (in the final version)
* New sounds
* Golems, and a new AI for Villagers
And that’s all. There are a lot of bugs though, if you are going to beta test 0.12.1, have fun. 🙂 If you have an iOS device, sorry but you’ll have to wait for the official release to come before you are able to play 0.12.1.